Wednesday, December 4, 2013

In an effort to try to navigate the waters of selling hand made items online, I have learned a valuable lesson.  I tried to jump the Etsy ship and move over to Artfire and Zibbet.  So much for those ideas. While I was complaining previously about Etsy supporting bigger companies and manufacturers, I neglected to remember that they are a growing business of their own.  There are always growing pains when a company grows so fast.  I should be so lucky as to have these same types of issues.  I say all of this to tell you that I have continued to keep my shop on Etsy and update my listings.  I have started to have a few sales as the holiday season approaches.

The key point is that Etsy can afford to market shops on GOOGLE.  It takes millions to get your name up there in lights, and for .20 cents per listing and a small contribution toward search ad fees, I have decided I can't afford to abandon my Etsy shop for what I thought were greener pastures.

Please feel free to check out my Etsy shop Sacred Strands by Carol and let me know what you think.

My next event is scheduled this Saturday at Church of the Redeemer in Midlothian.  Please let me know if you need additional details.

Carol
Sacred Strands by Carol


No comments:

Post a Comment